December 21, 2012
The following is one of the recipes from our new ebook Loving Kindness Chocolate Indulgence: A Vegan Recipe Book for Animal-Loving Chocoholics, which we released yesterday, and which people are loving.
The Festive Sweets recipe is perfect for this time of year, and fun to do with the kids. This recipe was generously donated by Vegan Family, and our ebook is a fundraiser for the animals of A Place of Peace.
Making your own sweets is actually quite fun – children have a great time with this too. They are also nice gifts if placed in a pretty box or packet.
- Vegan chocolate – I recommend Maya Gold for these – it’s orange spiciness is perfect for this time of year.
- Nuts of your choice (hazel, walnut, pecan, almond, brazil)
- Vegan marzipan (many supermarkets stock this)
- Desiccated coconut
- Icing sugar
- Crystallised angelica
- Glace cherries
- Flaked almonds
It’s very simple!
- Melt the chocolate and then dip things in it – nuts, marzipan balls, dates – and then place them on a sheet of grease-proof paper to set.
- Decorate with angelica, glace cherries (can be made to look like holly) and flaked almonds before the chocolate sets and then you can sprinkle with cocoa, coconut or icing sugar.
- Dates can be de-stoned and stuffed with marzipan for a non-chocolate treat.
- Place in petit four cases and enjoy!
. . . . . .
Image by cogocogo.